Rawality Program — Frequently Asked Questions
What are the typical demographic qualifications to be an eligible participant?
- SF Bay Area Resident
- Type 2 Diabetic (Adult onset)
- Elevated Hemoglobin A1C
- Minimum 25 years of age
- Not with kidney disease or on dialysis
- No debilitating blindness
- No late stage diabetes
What are you looking for in a candidate?
We are looking for individuals who are motivated and committed to self-healing and prepared to make a big shift in their diet, lifestyle, and consciousness. Being coachable is key, which means being willing and able to receive guidance and to look honestly at your self. Participants must be able to commit to attending all sessions and arriving on time.
How much does the program cost?
Diabetes affects a broad range of people from varied economic backgrounds. One of the missions of Rawality is to be Love-reliant and self-sufficient while serving the optimal wellness of anyone with type 2 diabetes. To that end, we operate under a compassionate care model that offers a variety of payment options. Each choice is held confidential and receives exactly the same program care and support. The options are as follows:
- EMPOWERED: $4,400 – Full Program Price
- GRACIOUS: <$4,400 – Range below full program
- SUSTAINING: $1,500 – As though paying for materials only
What is the commitment and what does the program include?
The Rawality Program runs for a 30-day period during which you agree to full participation in the following (Sample for March-April 2012 Program. Dates in each Program Round will vary):
- Orientation on Monday, March 19th from 7-10 pm and Commencement on Sunday, April 22
- On-time attendance in twice weekly sessions (Th. 7-10 pm, Sun 3-8pm) covering Live-Food Cuisine classes, Movement and Prana building, 12-Step work, group coaching, beliefs and affirmations.
- Kitchen Conversion & Live-food shopping trip (scheduled at start)
- The Program’s daily live food and water regimen: 30 days of raw-vegan-organic-plant-based foods. (Food will be provided for the 1st week of the program. After that, food costs are the responsibility of the program participant. Fresh live-food delivery will be available for purchase weekly from our program’s live-food chef/coach)
- The Program’s exercise, physical movement and Prana building daily commitment: 30 minutes of biking or brisk walking and 1 hour of yoga 3X/wk. Also recommended, 18 minutes of mini-trampoline rebounding
- Holistic Medicine guidance with a naturopathic doctor, including review of blood work, and a protocol of homeopathy and herbs.
- Twice weekly group conference call or video conference with Dr. Shah
- Review of blood-tests, before and after
- Two personal one-on-one sessions to be scheduled
Personal Coaching calls 5 days a week (15-30 minutes) plus two daily check-in calls participants initiate to anyone on the team. (Monday, Tuesday, Wed, Friday, Saturday). Coaching and check-in calls don’t occur on Thursday & Sunday when the group meets.
- Attend one food anonymous meeting at East Bay Church of Religious Science
- The program culminates with a commencement celebration, at which time the participants transition into a self-directed maintenance program, where they apply their skills, knowledge and commitment towards sustained health, vitality, and metabolic balance.
What expenses do I need to budget for?
- Set a minimum budget of $100/week for food
- Purchase the pre-program media: The film DVD: Simply Raw: Reversing Diabetes in 30 Days, (available from Rawality), the book There Is a Cure for Diabetes by Gabriel Cousens, MD, and the book “Raw Family, by Victoria Boutenko.
- Purchase of a blender (high-powered preferable), food processor, and multi-stage water filter. Optional: juicer and dehydrator
- Basic Herbs & supplements will be provided. If additional supplements are needed upon your individual case, you will be requested to purchase.
- Colonic hydrotherapy is recommended once a week while on the program but is not a requirement. General cost ~$80-$100/session